Job Opportunity: (Internal)
Project Assistant (1)
The NCD Alliance East Africa unites the NCD Alliances in Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Kenya and Rwanda. It is the first example of cooperation between national NCD Alliances in a region, as well as twinning of Alliances in high-income and low-income countries. The overall objective is to influence national governments in East Africa to increase political priority and resources for NCDs, and promote the importance of NCDs in the Post-2015 Development Agenda. In addition, the Alliance aims to strengthen the capacity of the NCD Alliances in East Africa, as well as foster collaboration between them. NCD Alliance East Africa has received a grant from NCD Alliance global under solidarity fund, to implement a 6 months’ project on NCDS COVID-19 phase two 2021. The project is called “Solidarity Fund on NCDs and COVID-19, Second phase 2021. NCD Alliance East Africa is looking a suitable project Assistant to support NCD Alliance East Africa for the 6months period.
The post holder will provide general support to NCD Alliance East Africa, He/she will participate in leading the implementation of the project, strengthening communication and media capacity, advocacy building coalitions and Health systems reforms. drawing of periodic work plans/budgets-in relation to the set targets, account for all the project field funds and ensure proper utilization of project assets. Develop a database of contact information; project communication and schedule all project meetings; attend and take minutes as appropriate, and support the PM in handling tasks for the NCD Alliance East Africa.
Responsibility and Task
- Support day-to-day organizational and Project activities i.e., on branding and publication.
- Participate in drawing of periodic work plans/budgets-in relation to the set targets.
- Work with the Program Manager and the Alliance team to support delivery and attainment of set targets.
- Ensure safe custody and proper utilization of project assets and equipment.
- Develop monthly schedules for the activity and plans.
- Support the Program manager on reporting and documentation.
- Assist with all aspects of EANCDA, that will be assigned.
- Support the Program manager in coordinating project activities and liaising with partner organizations.
- Support the Program manager in scheduling and coordinating all appointments and meetings both staff and those for other stakeholders as scheduled.
- Preparing meeting minutes, meeting notes and internal support materials.
- And any other duties as reasonably assigned.
- Supporting the Program Manager, on external relations activities
Key skills and attributes needed
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal relations
- Positive attitude – able to contribute to exploring ways of improving effectiveness of project.
- Excellent computer skills are a must due to online work involved and the need to coordinate across countries.
- Organized and able to plan and prioritize work.
- Well-organized and attention to detail.
- Outstanding command of English language, spoken and written.
- Willingness to work flexible hours when required to meet work demands.
- Good photography and video editing skills.
- Graphics and design skills.
- Generally good acumen of I.T processes.
Preferably degree holder in humanities, Public Health, project management, Mass communication, or related health sciences.
This is a 6-month project, therefore, the contract for 6 months (full time) with the possibility of extension based on performance and availability of other related grants.
How to apply: Interested and qualified candidates should apply via email, please send through your application letter, one page and a maximum of 2-page CV to the Program Manager NCD Alliance East
Africa. email: email@example.com copy firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com with Subject Proposed Project Assistant/Proposed Project Volunteer EANCDA. This advert runs for two months up to 30th August 2021 before 5pm (EAT). Please note the project assistant starts work by