SORRY, THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY EXPIRED,
THIS POST WAS ARCHIVED.
PROGRAMME MANAGER -EANCDA
Application Deadline: Monday 5:00 pm 9th March, 2021
Type of Contact: Fixed term
Duration of Initial Contract: One-year renewable
Language: English and any other East African main languages is an added asset
Starting Date: April 6th, 2021
Budget for the post: Not more than 1200 USD
The Program Manager is based in Uganda but s/he works to help create and establish a professional field presence for EANCDA in the whole region.
S/he provides oversight for program development, program implementation, information management, financial management, audit, monitoring, evaluation, and capacity building in accordance with donor agencies and along EANCDA guidelines.
Further, s/he contributes and leads the dissemination of results and project achievements and is ultimately accountable for the program quality assurance, synergy and impact in line with donor and EANCDA commitments. In collaboration with the Country national Alliances Managers, s/he assumes the responsibility for EANCDA representation; donor liaison; fundraising; facilitating EANCDAs work through partner organizations; EANCDA program strategy development.
Candidates from East African region that meet the requirements bellow are all encouraged to apply.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Job Responsibility #1 Programme strategic planning
a) Responsible and accountable for the programmatic management of EANCDA Programmes.
b) Lead the design and development of project strategies and plans with project teams in line with the overall EANCDA strategies,
c) Develop and strengthen project staffs’ understanding on Project Cycle Management, partnership and participatory capacity assessment of country Alliances and other partner organisations.
d) Ensure that project staff are implementing programme activities in line with donor requirements to achieve project outcomes,
e) Ensure staff are conducting regular project monitoring, review and evaluation to achieve quality programmes
f) Coordinate the preparation of timely and cost-effective operational plans, budgets and strategic plans with the project teams
Job Responsibility #2 Programme financial management
a) Act as accounting officer of EANCDA, by ensuring that the financial management and accounting of the organization is working well and effective.
b) Support the budget planning processes to ensure that project funds are expended according to laid down procedures and plans
c) Reporting to both the Board and to the donors through the Board
d) Overseeing day to Financial management and accounting processes of EANCDA
Job Responsibility #3 Human Resources Management, Compliances and Capacity Building
Titles that this position supervises:
Direct Reports Indirect Reports
- Programme officer
- Finance and Administration Officer
- Project Assistant
- Finance and Administrative
Assistant and Volunteers
a) Work closely with the individual Program Officer in the day-to-day running of the project
b) Overall HR management processes providing advice on the management of all staff to ensure that it is carried out within EANCDA stated policies, practices and procedures as well as the country employment laws
c) Facilitate the mentoring and training of relevant staff to ensure that they have the appropriate skill levels for their positions and are developing to their full capacity
d) Provide direct support to Programme Officers, Project Assistants, Project Supervisors and other supporting staff in the form of system/tools development, capacity building, problem solving, implementation and sustainability of the project with partners
e) Implement policies and procedures that guide and support EANCDA activities, ensure compliance to code of conduct and Patients, gender and Patients protection.
f) Taking lead in implementing of the recruitment and appraisal process of staff in consultation with the Board.
Job Responsibility #4 Programme Quality, Accountability and Reporting
a) Supervise project staff to improve project quality and monitor programme impact through quality supervision, coaching and directing
b) Maintain special focus on maintaining a coherent M&E and reporting system, enhancing staff M&E capacities, documenting program strategies, processes, experiences and lessons learned; disseminating findings from various programme experience; and sharing EANCDA ’s project information in relevant regional level forums.
c) Ensure submission of proper accountabilities of project funds and quality narrative report in line with donor requirements.
d) Provide quarterly updates of lessons learned and best practices to Board in the absence of the
PD, project teams and stakeholders.
Job Responsibility #5 Collaboration, Networking, Representation, and Communication
a) Facilitate linkages, collaboration and networking with other civil society organizations and government and other relevant institutions to enhance EANCDA visibility and Programme activities
b) Represent EANCDA in various platforms and maintain positive linkages with government, regional governments and other relevant stakeholders with regard to EANCDA activities
Required (must have):
- BA/BSc level?Degree in Social Sciences, Public Health, Development Studies and other discipline relevant to EANCDA program focus areas (Health and NCDs, organizational development etc)
- Relevant MA/MSc. Or MA-Public Health, Degree with Postgraduate/specialized training in project planning, monitoring/evaluation.
Required (must have):
- 3-5 years of previous management experience of humanitarian assistance, rehabilitation and/or development programs.
- Good practical experience in project/programme management and report writing
- Significant work experience with international NGOs and/or non-profit organizations
- Proven NGO experience in program design, development and management.
- Proposal and report writing skills,
- Experience in liaising with government officials and a variety of donors.
- Working across cultures and ethnic groups
- Appreciation of NCDs burden in the region
- Experience in organizational development and quality improvement.
C) COMPETENCIES / PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
Required (must have):
- Superior organizational skills and ability to multi-task on a constant basis
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to build rapport with staff, partners, government officials,donors and community leaders
- Ability to work under pressure meeting deadlines in a fast-paced fluid environment
- Creative and flexible with good problem-solving skills
- Dynamic, proactive self-starter able to work independently
- Effective cross-cultural communication skills
- Appreciation of good and acceptable dress code, good PR acumen
D) KNOWLEDGE AND TECHNICAL SKILLS:
Required (must have):
- Strategy planning skills
- Knowledge of program management tools and procedures.
- Knowledge of people management skills, particularly influence management, organizational assessment and development.
- General knowledge of budgetary control and financial management, including ability to read and understand financial data.
- Written and verbal communication in English Language,
- Ability to secure donor funding
- Proven experience in proposal development and report writing
Desired: In addition, proposals packaging, gender mainstreaming, governance, civil society strengthening skills; and a positive attitude with a mind-set of delivering development services in a professional manner. Also, must display competencies of excellence, integrity, respect, innovation, pro-active problem solving, and adaptability.
IV.DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
The incumbent takes full and total responsibility for the regional Program operational success. Any plans which required significant deviation from the agreed strategy and objectives must be approved by the Board. Implementation of agreed plans requires no further authority from the Board, and day-to-day decisions are made by the incumbent.
A) General Accountability:
- Making day-to-day decisions regarding the implementation of the projects within the framework of the Country’s programmatic, administrative and financial framework.
- Dealing with variable problems needing analysis, problem definition and alternative solutions development.
- Implementation of annual plans in line with the deadlines specific to the Regional programme
B) Financial Accountability:
- Signing authority as per the Finance policy and procedures of EANCDA
- Accuracy and dependability are of essence and consequences of error are serious in terms of resources and ability to complete work at hand.
V. LIVING CONDITIONS AND LEVEL OF TRAVEL REQUIRED
This position is based in Uganda and will require occasional visits to other countries in the region and partners involved in programme/project implementation within the region. Occasional overseas travel will also be required for meetings, capacity building and networking programs. A willingness to travel regularly to project locations and to accept the country economic-political climate and basic living conditions that are characteristic of these locations is a major requirement for this position.
If you are that person we are looking for, please send your application, letter one page and a
maximum of 2 pages CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. copy email@example.com
Proposed JD Programme Manager, EANCDA 2021