The NCD Alliance East Africa has embraced the concept of Meaningful Involvement of People Living NCDs with the aim of actively and directly involving people living with NCDs during health governance, planning, accountability and decision-making process. Through its work, the organization has been able to proactively engage People Living with NCDs with the aim of amplifying their voices and protecting their right to health and participation during and post COVID-19.
Other achievements include;
- East Africa regional benchmark surveys on NCD, 2014 and 2018 to track progress and to use the same results to demand accountability.
- Engagement and advocacy at regional health meetings of EAC and WHO.
- Regional stakeholder engagement and development of The East Africa NCD Charter 2014 and 2018, a set of key actions signed and committed to by all stakeholders.
- Conducting a collaborative Regional NCD Research Conference with APHRC and IDRC.
- EANCDA was given a coordinating role to the nascent African NCD Civil Society Network.
- Sharjah Award for Excellence in NCD Civil Society Action 2017.
The General Assembly
The General Assembly is the highest decision organ of the Network, and is composed of all the members of the Network; with two representatives of all member national alliances and admitted affiliated organizations in Collaborative Relations with the NCD Alliance East Africa