ToRs: Call for a Consultant develop a case video on: lived experiences of People Living with NCDs during COVID 19
|Task||Develop a case video on the lived experiences of People Living with NCDs amidst COVID 19|
|Time of work||4 weeks|
Application should be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Deadline is 13th October 2021.
EANCDA is an Umbrella of six NCD national alliances of; Burundi, Rwanda, Kenya, Tanzania Uganda and Zanzibar. Initiated in 2014, the organization promotes regional cooperation among its members and provides a coordinated platform for addressing NCDs at sub-national, national and sub-regional levels.
EANCDA has over the years recognized the critical role of media and communication in raising awareness and adding a voice to the call towards government action on NCDs prevention, management and control.
Currently the Organization is implementing a project on: Developing comprehensive and cohesive NCD advocacy and communications strategies towards resilience and recovery.
The project focuses on:
- Strengthening solidarity communication, media and advocacy frameworks that were built during the first phase of solidarity fund project
- Strengthening the organization’s relationship with media and journalists through enhancing their reporting and coverage skills on the intersection of NCDs and COVID 19
- Amplifying voices of People Living with NCDs on COVID-19, with a view to protect their right to health and participation, ensuring close attention to addressing equity and reaching the vulnerable.
In fulfilment of objective three, EANCDA is looking for a consultant to develop a case video on the status of People Living with NCDs amidst COVID 19. The video should represent the 6-member alliance of Burundi, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda and Zanzibar.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Scope of the work
Documenting the lived experiences of People living with NCDs, highlight Governments’ action on NCDs prevention and Control during COVID 19, highlight the status of health sector in supporting People Living with NCDs before and amidst COVID 19. Stress out the National policies on health and NCDs in particular; their strengths and weaknesses. Highlight the challenges and lessons learnt during the new normal.
The Consultant will provide:
- A story board and script of the video
- First draft ready by 18th November 2021
- Final Bulletin ready 25th November 2021
- A report on
- photos of field interviews
The Consultant will be selected on basis of the following criteria:
- Excellent track record in developing informative and educative documentaries
- Knowledge and Expertise in interviews and field experiences
- Knowledge in developing story boards and scripts
- Ability to internalize content and be able to align it to relevant topics
- Track record; having worked with for health institutions is an added advantage
- Ability to provide quality imageries
How to apply
interested parties are kindly requested to send a certificate of incorporation, organization profile and previous work.
Timelines and processes
|Application Procedure||Consultant||6th-15th October 2021|
|Contracting Procedure||Consultant||18th-20th October 2021|
|Desk work and case video development||Consultant||22nd October -12th November 2021|
|Initial layout||consultant||By 18th November 2021|
|Final Layout||Consultant||By 25th November 2021|